Saturday, December 29, 2007

'Twas the Night Before Christmas...

For the last several years, on Christmas Eve, my family has gone over to the Bastins' house for dinner and to exchange presents. The Bastins are very close friends of ours. My mom used to work with Mrs. Bastin (and she was one of my high school teachers), and Mrs. Bastin and her whole family have really been there for my mom in every way possible. So, on Christmas Eve, we went over to their house, ate some delicious lasagne, drank some apple cider, and opened presents.

Taylor & Catherine Bastin

Taylor & Bryson (Rylan wanted to hold her, too, but she got tired of being held, and he was very unhappy that he didn't get to hold her)





Jared got an Auburn t-shirt, and I got a blue Swarovski crystal bracelet that they actually got in Austria. Taylor's present (it was actually kind of for me, too) was a Willow Tree mother & daughter memory box. It is very beautiful, and I especially love what it says on the inside of it.


When I was little, our family would go to my mom's parents' house in Birmingham for Christmas. We always spent the night on Christmas Eve, and I can even remember waking up in the middle of the night and sneaking around to see if Santa had come yet. On Christmas Eve, before we went to bed, my granddad would always read "'Twas the Night Before Christmas" to my brother and me. So, to continue the old Christmas tradition, I had Jared go to the bookstore and buy the book so we could read it on Christmas Eve night.
Of course, we also read the story of the birth of Jesus out of the Bible to remember the true meaning of Christmas! :-)
"Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!"

2 comments:

Lisha said...

Looks like y'all had a great Christmas eve! I enjoyed the pictures and memories!

Beth said...

I LOVE her Christmas dress. She is such a little doll! What a beautiful baby!