Monday, December 3, 2007

Christmas Decorations







With much persuasion, I convinced Jared to get the Christmas decorations out of the attic the day after Thanksgiving. Actually, I just pouted until he did it. ;-) He didn't want to put the tree up because he wasn't looking forward to having to constantly pull Taylor away from it. We put it in the corner and ended up blocking it between the couch and the chair and ottoman. Taylor has definitely tried to squeeze her way through. She even discovered that there was enough room to fit behind the chair, so we had to move it back some. So far, we have managed to keep her away from the tree (knock on wood!)
Alisha and I started having a craft day about twice a month back in May. I made the two bottom wall signs. It took me a whole day to make each of them, but I definitely felt some accomplishment when I was done. I still need to make another one to put in the bottom right corner. I actually would like to make new Christmas signs to hang during Christmastime. Whether or not I'll actually have the time to do that, I don't know.
Jared was going to put up the outside Christmas lights the Saturday after Thanksgiving, but he didn't like the hooks that he used last year, so he had to wait to get new ones. He bought some new ones last week and started putting up the lights this past Saturday. Come to find out, not all of the strands of lights were working!! Aaaahhh! Of course, I pouted some more and said it was never going to get done, so he went today after work to buy more new lights and then hung them up when he got home. Thank you, Jared!! I'm glad he puts up with me ;-)
There is nothing really special about the picture of our bedroom. My friend Ashley (Aynes) requested some pictures of the inside of our house, and Jared and I decided to finally clean up our bedroom, so I figured now was the best time to take a picture of it. Our bedroom furniture is so old. It's the furniture that I bought back in 2000 when I first went to college. Maybe one day we'll have enough money to buy new furniture, and maybe one day I'll decide to clean the rest of the house so I can post pictures of the other rooms. (You're really not missing much- trust me. The only decorating we have done is in the living room)

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Love the nativity in the living room!

What is up with men hating to get down Christmas decorations?

Elizabeth said...

Very cute!

Sarah said...

yeah, maybe one day we'll be able to buy furniture period! We sooo want a headboard! :) Cute decorations!!

Lisha said...

I love how you blocked the Christmas tree with the chair and ottoman. I need to figure something out!