Friday night, Merrill Lynch had their work Christmas Party at The Ledges Country Club in Huntsville. When Jared first told me about it, I was so excited because I have been dying to see the houses up there. For those of you who aren't from the Huntsville area, The Ledges is a private, gated-community that overlooks the city of Huntsville. There are several houses there that are selling for $3+million dollars! (You can check out this website for more details: http://www.huntsvillesold.com/MyHomeDtl.asp?lstPages=1&HomeID=329270)Drinks started at 6:30pm. Jared and I enjoyed our Coke in very nice, fancy glasses. Dinner was at 7:00pm. We had a salad and some delicious prime rib with mashed potatoes and green beans. Jared was worried that they would go all skimpy on the food like most expensive restaurants do, but no, it was a huge piece of prime rib. Then, we had some fabulous chocolate cake. This is a picture of the place cards and some ornaments that were given to us.
I was a little nervous about going just because I didn't really know anyone, and I get really quiet around people I don't know. I had met a couple of the people Jared works with before but never really talked much to them. Everyone was really nice though, and their office manager got up and said a few words about how much they appreciate their employees and how it wouldn't be possible without their families... yada yada yada... It was really comforting to hear him talk about how family is important to them and to know that they care about more than just work. Jared getting the job at Merrill Lynch has definitely been a blessing for us.
As soon as we got there, I was kicking myself for not bringing my camera. I would have loved to have gotten some pictures of those houses! Of course, I don't think I would ever want to live in a house that big even if I had the money, but they sure are nice to look at! They might have gotten suspicious about someone driving around at night taking pictures of all the houses though, so it's probably a good thing that I didn't bring my camera.
Thanks again to Misty for babysitting Taylor! I've always worried about leaving Taylor with babysitters because she always tends to be fussy, and I just hate to burden anyone with that, but she and Misty had a great time, and I don't think she even missed us at all!

No comments:
Post a Comment