Friday, April 4, 2008

Miss Independent

Yesterday, Taylor and I met up with aunts and cousins at Madison Square Mall for lunch and a fun day at the mall. I wasn't really sure how Taylor would do playing around all the other kids. I figured she would want me to be right by her side the whole time, and when other kids got close to her, I figured she would cry or whine. It turned out just the opposite. It took her a few minutes to warm up, but then, she was all over the place. The older kids were running around her, bumping into her, jumping over her, but she didn't let them bother her. She just kept on going. I even had one mom come up to me and ask how old she was. I told her 15 months, and she said, "Wow! She's so independent. She must have an older brother or sister." I told her no and that I was actually quite surprised myself at how well she was doing. I'm so proud of my big girl! I think she especially loved the bridge that you could slide down, but she always laid down on her stomach and slid down feet first ;-)

Also, yesterday was my nephew Noah's 1st birthday, but we're having the big 1st birthday celebration tonight. Happy Birthday, Noah!

2 comments:

Cari said...

That was so much fun. We are going to have to do it more often.

Misty is gonna FLIP OUT over that pic of her and Taylor kissing. So cute!

Lisha said...

So, we should make this a standing date! Now that all the babies are actually old enough to play together (kinda), we have to be more diligent in getting them playtime! Fun pictures, thanks for taking and sharing!