*WARNING* Reader discretion is advised. Content may not be suitable for those with weak stomachs!
After we got home from church today, I changed Taylor's clothes and let her crawl around on the floor and play for a while. After a few minutes, I noticed that she had a poopy diaper (her 3rd one of the day), so I went to change her diaper. I pulled off her pants, which she usually likes to play with while I'm changing her diaper. I undo her diaper, and well, her poop wasn't as formed as it usually is. It was a little loose, so needless to say, it was all over her bottom. Well, she apparently thought it would be fun to throw her pants into her poop, so I quickly grab the pants, but then, she sticks her hands down there and gets poop on her hands. As if that wasn't bad enough, she then goes to stick her hands in her mouth, so I try to grab her hands, and she starts kicking her legs and feet, getting poop everywhere, so naturally, I yell... "JARED! HELP!" Jared comes running in the room, and he has to help hold her down while I wipe her down literally from head to toe and clean off the changing table. It was quite disgusting.
Later on, as we tried to put Taylor to sleep, she decided to fight it as she usually does, so I just laid her in her crib and decided to let her just cry herself to sleep. Well, after a few minutes, she started getting pretty worked up, and I was going to go check on her, but Jared said to give her a few more minutes, and if she didn't fall asleep, then he would go get her. Well, then, we hear her coughing like she is choking like she sometimes does when she is crying pretty hard, so I told Jared to go check on her just in case she spit up. Jared walks in the room and says, "Debbie, come here...." I go in the room, and sure enough, she has thrown up ALL OVER her sheets and pajamas, and apparently, she rubbed her face in it, too, because it was all over the side of her face. We gave her some cereal with some carrots mixed in before she went to bed, so her throw up was bright orange. Huge clean up #2. We changed the sheets and her pajamas and cleaned off her face, and then Jared was finally able to get her to go to sleep. You know, I absolutely love when Taylor just sweetly falls asleep in my arms (or Jared's). I just find it very comforting- for me and for her. It just breaks my heart to have to let her cry herself to sleep sometimes, but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. Otherwise, they might never sleep!
Kids definitely make your life interesting, and I am sure I will have lots of interesting, funny, disgusting, etc. stories to tell in the future! What a messy day!
Life as a "Mormon"
12 years ago

9 comments:
Oh my word! What a mess! Don't you love days like that! Do you think she has a stomach virus?
That IS disgusting. When I first read the post I was expecting there to be poop rubbed all in the carpet from where she was crawling around! Now I am just picturing poop all over the walls and changing table. Not that that is any better =).
Every baby has to have a funny story about poop. Now that you have that taken care of, it should be only clean living from here on out. ;)
Just kidding, of course.
I love reading about Taylor! :)
I'm sorry to say that I giggled. It reminded me of a story about both my sisters. I never played with my poop but they did. My oldest sister made a circle of poop with her hand on my mom's bed and then my older sister played with her poop from head to toe, over the crib and on the walls but thankfully she never ate it.
Love it... my kiddos are normal, just like Taylor! Carden brought a picture of Taylor to school in her All About ME bag, she said she is just so cute and is her favorite!
Ah, the joys of poop. Noah hasn't discovered that he can reach down there yet but he is expert as sticking his feet in a poopy diaper. I see what i have to look forward to.
all I can say is...wow. You poor thing. What a day!
love it! just part of the initiation process! good news, you're in!
lol, so much to look forward to. I'm glad you found my blog. Yay! :) So Debbie, what exercises did you do when you were preggo--I'm soooo tired as of now I've been really bad about exercising.
Post a Comment