Thursday, August 9, 2007

A Bad Case of Bed Head

So, when Taylor woke up this morning, I went to get her out of bed and couldn't help but laugh. Her hair was sticking straight up! What also made the morning great is that Taylor went to sleep last night at 7:30 and didn't wake up until 6:00 this morning! Between 7:30 and midnight I heard her wake up and whimper every now and then, but then she would fall right back asleep. I went to bed at midnight and didn't hear anything else out of her until 6:00. Then I fed her, and she went back to sleep for another hour and a half.


Amazing!! Sleep has been very precious and rare around here since Taylor was born. She has never slept well through the night, but now that she has been sleeping in her big crib in her own room for the last few weeks, I am hoping that she will get better. The last few nights haven't been so bad, so we'll see how it goes...












Also, I mentioned in the last post that Taylor had pulled herself up on my legs, but I was there the whole time to support her and help her keep her balance. Well, today, I was sitting at the computer, and she was playing on the floor. All of a sudden, I look over, and she is standing up holding onto the chair!!! This time she really did do it all by herself! I wanted to get a picture of her standing up holding onto the chair, but it's a swivel chair, so if I wasn't sitting in it or holding on to it, it would turn and make her lose her balance.


The past couple of days she has also started really crawling. She can only do it for a few "steps" at a time, and then she falls back to her stomach and army crawls again, but she'll get the hang of it quickly, I'm sure!


It seems like she has grown up sooo much just in the past couple of weeks!

2 comments:

Lisha said...

Isn't it crazy how fast they change and grow? It seems like just yesterday Nathan was at that stage, and now he is almost running. Treasure these moments!

Cari said...

I can't believe it! Sometimes I crave for Noah to be mobile and other times I desperately want him to stay trapped in my arms forever. Those pics of Taylor's bedhead are hilarious!