Wednesday, August 8, 2007

In My Daughter's Eyes

So, I always thought Taylor would be a big Daddy's Girl which was a little intimidating, but at the same time, I was a Daddy's Girl so I know what it's like. There is something very special about a Daddy/Daughter relationship. However, Taylor has turned out to be quite a Mommy's Girl. That may change through time, and it might just be because I'm the one who is with her all day, but it has really made me feel special. I just love when I pick her up, and she wraps her arms around my neck. She has even started following me around the house. She hasn't quite gotten the crawling thing down yet, so she just "army crawls" or pulls herself around with her arms. A couple of days ago, I was sitting on the couch, and I swear she came over to me, grabbed my pants, and pulled herself up until she was standing. Of course, I put my arms around her to help her keep her balance, but she did it! She hasn't done it since, so I guess she just happened to get her feet up under her just right that time. Also, the other day, I was lying on the couch, and she was lying beside me. I thought maybe she was tired and would fall asleep, but no.. she just lay there and watched TV with me. It reminded me of when I used to lie on the couch beside my dad and watch TV. It brought back great memories. I won't mind if Taylor ends up becoming a Daddy's Girl. I just hope that she and I will always be close and have a special relationship with each other.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Yeah, I had just gotten it cut a few days before I saw you, but it's okay. A lot of ppl get confused when you go from straight to curly all the time. I'm glad you know how I feel about having curly hair. Glad to see you on the blogosphere.

mcamp said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mcamp said...

I deleted my previous comment by accident---oops
--------
You've done great and you'll get the hang of it. I was a little intimated at first but it is a great way to keep in touch with people and have people know what's going on even if you never talk to them cause it's like a little "here's my life" written down in history. Almost like a diary/journal. That's what I use it for. Taylor is precious!

---Kim

Caroline said...

Oh how sweet! Taylor has your big eyes! Taylor will probably go between you and her Daddy if she is anthing like Sydney. She was a mommy's girl big time at first-but is both now! I love to hear when mother's feel the same way I do about being a mother! GREAT PICTURES! I look forward to many more!