
Today marks 6 years since I was baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am very grateful for the blessings the gospel has brought into my life. I can't imagine what my life would be like now without the gospel. Not that I was a bad person before or anything, but I think I have made some great changes and better decisions with my life. Yes, I still make mistakes, but that is where Jesus Christ comes in. He is my Savior. If I hadn't gotten baptized and joined the Church, I would not have come to know Him the way that I do now. I have learned so much since I joined the Church. I have really come to know my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, and I have felt their love for me. My faith has grown so much. I have really come to appreciate the importance of family. I have learned how to better deal with the obstacles, heartaches, trials, disappointments, difficulties, etc. that we face every day in life. I have learned about the power of prayer. I know that we are not alone and that God does answer prayers. I have come to enjoy reading the scriptures, and I have felt the Holy Ghost so strongly in my life. I know that God is a God of order, and amidst all the chaos of the world, we can find answers to so many of the questions that we have. I have come to better understand the words faith, hope, love, and charity and their meanings. These are only a small portion of the blessings I have received. I feel that I have made a change for the better over these years, and I hope that I can always try hard to actually LIVE the gospel so that my family and friends can see that.
I realize that to others our church seems a bit peculiar. I hope that others can see through the "strangeness" and realize that ultimately we all have the same goal- to strive every day to live our lives so that we may return to live with our Heavenly Father, our Savior Jesus Christ, and our families forever. To anyone who may read this who is not a member of the Church, please feel free to ask any questions that you may have, and I will do my best to answer them. Sometimes we just listen to "hearsay" instead of trying to find out the truth. I have been guilty of that myself at times. I would love to be able to talk to others more about the gospel so that we can all better understand each other and basically share our love of God with each other.
Once again, I am grateful for all the blessings Heavenly Father has brought into my life. I am grateful for my family and the happiness that they bring into my life. I am grateful that we will one day again see our loved ones who have already passed away. Knowing that our families can be together forever gives me the motivation I need to get through every day.

4 comments:
I really enjoyed reading your testimony!
Has it really been six years? I am so glad you are a part of our family, you are such a beautiful person, inside and out. I love you!
Thanks, Alisha! Yes, time has flown by! I love you, too!
what a great post! it is true when they say that reading and hearing other people's testimonies can help strengthen your own! you strengthened me today!
Post a Comment