Wednesday, April 20, 2011

4 Years Already??!!

Wow... this is really sad! It has been SIX months since I have posted on my blog. I am so behind.  I started a post a little over three months ago for Taylor's birthday, but the mouse for our laptop wasn't working, and I got too frustrated trying to arrange the pictures and everything. Soo.... I'm just now finishing it.


December 18 was Taylor's birthday, and I just can't believe she is 4 already!  Time just goes by way too fast.  She had been telling me for a while that she wanted to have a purple Ariel party.  Purple is her absolute favorite color, and she loves any and all mermaids.  I had been trying to think of some fun games and decorations for her purple party to have at our house, but just a week before, a water pipe in our house busted and flooded our entire laundry room, kitchen, and a small part of the living room... so instead, I decided to go the easy route and just go to Chuck E. Cheese again this year. 

We got up Friday morning (the day before her actual birthday) and went to get cake mix and things to make her cake (I have a feeling that there's going to be a lot more pressure making her cakes now that she can request what she wants!).  I had looked online for some examples and had a pretty good idea of what I was going to do.  I got home, baked the cake, put Bella down for a nap, mixed up the different color icings, and then decided to go take a shower while I was waiting for the cake to cool.  When I got out of the shower, this is what I found:


She had mixed together all of the icings, opened the bottle of sprinkles, and dumped over half the bottle of sprinkles into the icing!!  Before I got in the shower, I thought to myself, "Should I tell her to stay away from the cake?"  Then, I thought "No.  She's fine. She's watching TV, and that will only draw attention to it."  Maybe I should have gone with my first instinct.

I am not the most creative person, so when things don't go as planned, I get a little flustered.  Needless to say, I was not very happy, and I did a lot of yelling, stuck her in the corner, and told her that she ruined her cake.  Yeah, I'm a great mom.

After a little while, I started to feel really bad and realized this was HER birthday and HER birthday cake.  Things might not turn out the way that I planned, but this was all for her anyway, and I should not have acted that way.  So, I apologized, and we got to work on trying to salvage the cake.  This was the end result:


Then, we headed off to Chuck E. Cheese for a night full of fun!  Our BFF's across the street from us came as well as Grandma, Granny, Papa, Cari and kids, and Alisha and kids.

Bella had fun just putting the coins in the slots.



 Taylor enjoyed all of her presents and kept yelling, "It can't be!"  She found a toy at her best friend's house a while before this that was a "squishy puppy."  She took it from their house actually without asking and had a hard time giving it back.  She was obsessed with that squishy puppy.  I tried hard to find one for her birthday.  One of the "swimming puppies" that came with the Barbie set was squishy, and I bought her some Squinkies which seemed to satisfy her enough.



We had so much fun that we didn't even eat any cake while we were there.  After we got home, the girls got in their PJ's and ate the cake on the Little Mermaid plates I bought.  Taylor informed me that she didn't like the cake because she doesn't like icing, only cake.  What kind of kid doesn't like icing?!  The next morning (Taylor's actual bday), I made cinnamon rolls and we sang Happy Birthday to Taylor again.  Then we all had to get ready for our church Christmas party which I will post about later (hopefully).


I can't believe how big she is!

She had her 4 year well-child check up in the middle of February.  She was 40 1/2 inches and 34 lbs.  She had to get four shots and that was very traumatic.  I tried to warn her beforehand.  Not sure if that was the right thing to do because then she was all worried about it.  She is not a fan of shots! Then, of course, they wanted to check a CBC so they had to prick her finger on top of that.  She was not happy with us at all!

Back in August, a girl that used to work in the ER was starting up a photography business and asked if she could take some FREE pictures of the girls to put in her portfolio.  You can't beat free pictures!

This one is my favorite!  It was one of the first pictures she took, and you couldn't capture a more perfect picture of our Taylor.

Taylor has really turned into one amazing little girl!  (Excuse me, big girl, I should say.  She would not be happy to know that I called her a little girl). She has so much spunk and personality, which can be fun and frustrating all at the same time.  She loves to watch TV and movies, but she also really loves being outdoors, too.  Currently, some of her favorite movies/shows are Tangled (she loves 'punzel' and has even started allowing me to braid her hair), Bambi, Scooby-Doo, Care Bears, and Strawberry Shortcake.  I know I've said this a million times before, but Taylor is an amazing big sister.  I am so excited to watch the girls grow up together.  I hope they will always love each other as much as they do now.

I used to be so good about making a list of funny/interesting things Taylor would say or do.  I really need to start doing that again with her and Bella both so I don't forget all of the things I love about them during this time in their lives.  I feel so very blessed to be the mother to such amazing and beautiful little girls!

2 comments:

Kim Mayfield said...

She reminds me a lot of Kayti at that age! We had a little mermaid cake, too, and purple has been Kayti's favorite color since she was little. She asked me the other day what I thought about a purple, grey and black wedding reception... NOT that we will be planning one any time soon! :)

Glad Taylor had a great birthday!!

mom2eight said...

4 already??? Darn these kids for growing up so fast. Loved how you salvaged the cake as well as what was of greatest importance. That's a sign of a great mom. Loved the pictures.