Friday, August 28, 2009

Four Months

My baby is four months old today!!
I have felt such a strong bond with Bella from day one. I think her name is very fitting since the first thing I thought when I first saw her was, "She's so beautiful!" She has her moments when she is fussy and a little frustrating, but that's not very common. For the most part, she makes my job of being a mother and loving her very, very easy.



Taylor loves being as close as possible to Bella. This is a safe distance for me... haha. Usually she wants to be on top of her-- that's a little too close for my comfort ;-)


One morning I heard Bella talking up a storm when she woke up. Taylor used to do this all the time when she was little. I always loved waking up to a happy talking baby. (Now I am rudely awoken way too early for my liking by my two-year-old.. haha). I tried to catch Bella on video, but she got a little camera shy. You can hear how excited Taylor gets when she sees Bella for the first time in the mornings. Whenever Taylor gets really excited around Bella, she gets really tight-lipped and sticks out her tongue. You can kind of see it on the video. It's not an attractive face... haha.. but I used to do it when I was little too although I don't think I stuck out my tongue.

Guess she felt the need to stick her tongue out too!


She is constantly trying to shove those hands in her mouth and is drooling like crazy! and look at that crazy hair! Her hair has thinned out a lot except for most of the back and a little bit on top of her head. Mullets are the best!


Taylor decided she needed to wear some glasses.


If you look closely, you can see a little cut on the right side of Bella's nose (on the left in the picture). One day Taylor was drinking her juice and standing next to Bella while she was lying on the floor. I was sitting right next to them but not looking at them. Then I hear Taylor's juice fall to the floor, and Bella starts screaming bloody murder. She was crying so hard that she wasn't breathing. I scooped her up and tried to comfort her until she caught her breath and calmed down, and I realized that Taylor must have dropped her sippy cup FULL of juice on her head/face. Now normally I would yell at Taylor for being rough with Bella because she tends to do that a lot- she just loves her soooo much- but this time I could tell that she didn't mean to do it. She looked so upset and started saying, "Sorry, Bella. Sorry" I laid Bella back down to try to figure out where the cup had hit her and noticed blood on the side of her nose. I bet that hurt!! I tried to explain to Taylor that she has to be careful around Bella because she dropped the cup on her nose. For several days until the cut healed, when Taylor saw it, she would say "drop a cup on it." (Whenever she or someone else gets hurt, she tends to repeat things over and over. For example, if there are ants around, Taylor will find them. One day she got probably at least 20 ant bites on her left foot which probably took at least a couple of weeks to completely heal, and every day, she would say "bug got my foot" and point out her boo-boos.)

Would you PLEASE stop touching my head?!!

tell me all about it!
trying very hard to roll over; just can't make it over that arm!
Look at those chubby cheeks and the fat rolls on her arms! She has her next well-child visit on Monday. I'm curious to see how much she weighs.
She got her first taste of rice cereal tonight. Taylor kept wanting to eat it- she always wants stuff other people have ;-) We kept trying to tell her that it was baby cereal and she wouldn't like it. Later, Jared realized he had made too much cereal and asked Taylor if she wanted some to which she replied, "It's Bella's. I won't wike it."

3 comments:

mom2eight said...

What a cutie. Loved where she is making noises. Some of her expressions reminds me of Judy. Sisters are great and these two will be close. It is always good to see a Dad taking part in feeding. thanks for sharing your family.

Beth said...

I loved the video of her "talking"!

Mandy said...

It's so nice for our girls to be so close together in age - every time I get ready to make an "age" post, I check your blog and you're right behind me saying almost exactly the same things! Maybe one day we'll be in the same ward again so our girls can be birthday buddies - they're exactly 20 days apart!