Wednesday, July 15, 2009

4th of July Weekend

Another video of swimming over at my mom's on July 3rd...



We changed her out of her bathing suit while we ate, and then afterwards, she just went and jumped right in- pull-up and all! At least we managed to get a swimmer diaper on her...


Taylor really has no fear in the pool which is quite frightening to me since I have had several dreams of her drowning. It makes me nervous, but it's nice to see her having such a fun time all at the same time. She loves it so much it's almost impossible to get her out of the water. In fact, we went swimming again yesterday, and I had to bribe her with some ice cream to get her out ;-)



Kena didn't make it back into her bathing suit either, and with the sun going down, she was getting a bit chilly.
4th of July

The family got together over at Dawn & Shawn's where we had some great food, rode four-wheelers and a go-kart, made S'mores, watched fireworks, and just enjoyed each other's company.

*It started off with Taylor & Nate Dogg. Then, Kena came along and squeezed herself in as Taylor yelled, "KEN-AAAA!" I showed Taylor that if she turned herself forward and put her feet on the ground there would be more room for all three of them. They were happy for a moment until Taylor decided maybe it would be more comfortable eating chips on the hammock ;-)*
Some of my favorite pics of the day:



She thought she was so big!



Cari and Alisha were crafty, as usual, and made their kids' adorable outfits. Me- I just relied on good ol' Old Navy for cute shirts. I plan on learning to sew and starting some projects soon, so maybe next year....


and cute little pigtails to top it off!

*This one I stole from my sil's blog. Her pics are always better than mine ;-) For more, click here.

Then, the fireworks started...




The big sparklers were perfect for keeping the little ones from burning their fingers. We just had to make sure they weren't burning anything or anyone else.




It's so great to have a day where we can celebrate our freedoms and how proud we are to be Americans! This is the best nation in the world, and I am so grateful to live here!

2 comments:

Lee Family said...

Cute pics. Looks like you guys had a great 4th.

Cari said...

So much fun. I love the pics of the kids stuffing their faces with chips. So classic. And I really love the pic of the 3 of you on the 4 wheeler.