My main headaches these days come from Taylor and her terrible two's. I don't know if it's just the age or if she's acting out more because of the new baby- or again, maybe it's a combination of the two- but she has been really horrible lately (only with me; she's pretty good with everyone else--- I don't want to scare away any potential babysitters.. haha). I pretty much have to tell her everything about five times, and then she still usually doesn't listen. It doesn't matter if I spank her, put her in the corner, whatever. She just doesn't listen, and it's driving me absolutely insane. I've had people ask me how it has been adjusting to two kids, but in all honesty (and hopefully it will stay this way), I've been able to adjust quite well to Bella. It's Taylor and her attitude that has been so hard.
Anyway, this is supposed to be a nice post about Bella. Taylor has really grown quite fond of her... a little too fond. She's constantly in her face and messing with her (which also drives me crazy! especially if Bella is trying to sleep), and this past week, she kept saying "I want to hold it." One day while she was holding her, I told her I wanted to take a picture, so now everytime she holds her, Taylor tells me that she wants to take a picture, so I have lots of pictures of her holding Bella in the same way, same spot.. haha She loves her to death. I just have to make sure that she doesn't squeeze her too tightly and make that a reality!
Oh yeah, in one of my last posts, I said if I wasn't careful Taylor would be trying to pick her up and drag her around the house. Well, last Sunday, I took the girls to church by myself. As I was packing up our stuff to get ready to go, I had Bella sitting in her little chair on one side of the living room (almost in the kitchen). I had told Taylor that we were going to church. Well, as I was out of the room, I guess she decided that Bella needed to be in her car seat, so when I walked back in the room, Bella was sitting in the car seat-which was all the way on the other side of the living room, closer to the door. She never let out a scream, so I never even knew anything was going on until I walked back in the room and saw that she wasn't in the chair. Taylor must have done a pretty good job picking her up (Bella usually lets me know when big sister is picking on her), and it's not like I was even out of the room for that long either. Taylor has tried to pick her up several times since then, so I'm sure this will not be the last time that this happens.
Bella has been trying to suck on her hand a lot lately.
Bella is really a sweetheart. She smiles a lot now and has been cooing a lot lately. I love my little bobblehead ;-) She has really been a blessing to me since Taylor continues to be my wild child. So far, I'm not seeing a whole lot of similarities between her and Taylor- she's a good sleeper, Taylor wasn't; she's easy-going, Taylor definitely wasn't- and although I love, love, love Taylor with all my heart, I just don't know if I could handle another one just like her.. haha
Taylor-newborn
Everyone has always said that Taylor looks just like me- or my nephew Bryson, my brother's oldest son. It seems to be the consensus that Bella looks more like a Mayfield. I don't look at her and think that she looks like Taylor, but sometimes when I see old pictures of Taylor, I can see a little bit of a resemblance.
Taylor- hmm.... 2-3 months??
I'm really excited for the months and years to come to see their similarities and differences- not just physically but also in their actions and attitude!






1 comment:
Wow, I didn't think they looked similar either until I looked at the pictures of the same age. I'm glad Bella is laid back! Addie was actually really good except for the sleeping at night, but I don't know how I could handle anything worse than that, I was sick all the time from lack of sleep!
Post a Comment