Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Progress

So, it's down to the wire now, and I'm having weekly appointments with my doctor. Last week, I was dilated 1 cm and 50% effaced. I went back today, and I am now 1-2 cm and 70% effaced. He said to make sure our car seat was ready and that our bags are packed because she could come at any time! He said if I have progressed more at my next appointment we will talk about when we want to deliver the baby so that I don't end up in a situation where I'm driving myself to the hospital.

Yesterday was my last scheduled day of work, and I was waiting until today to see if I'm progressing before scheduling more days. If I haven't progressed anymore next week (but chances are that I will just going off of my experience with Taylor), then I may try to work a day or two next week, but otherwise, I am done with work until after my maternity leave is over!

Some good news is that Jared is not going on his work trip to New Jersey. He had planned on trying to wait until the last minute to book his plane ticket in case I did go into labor, but ML pays for his ticket, and they didn't want to wait because the prices go up the longer you wait, and if he ended up having to cancel his flight or come home early, then he would have to pay for his ticket. So, he talked to his boss-- I guess his boss didn't realize how close it was to my due date because once Jared told him he said, "Oh, well you can't go then." So, there's a huge weight off my shoulders.

I am glad that I don't have to work the rest of this week because I have a lot to do to get ready. I haven't even started. I've got to get our bags packed and get the baby clothes together. I also need to get my house cleaned because it's a disaster although I'm sure it will be a disaster again shortly after I clean it anyway... like always.

Wish me luck! There's a good chance my next post will be a baby announcement! :-)

4 comments:

Kim Mayfield said...

Oh, yay! I am so glad that Jared doesn't have to leave you right now!! We are all happy, and anxiously waiting for another baby!!

Rachel @ The Little Blue Room said...

Yay! So glad Jared gets to stay in town. I need to get over asap to get some maternity photos this week or it may be too late. Can't wait to meet little Bella!

Elizabeth said...

Yay! Very very cool...hope everything goes well...

Cari said...

I so can't wait to meet her! If you need me to take Taylor one day so you can get stuff organized just let me know. Noah got some new backyard play things so they would have a blast together.