Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Hey! You've Got to Hide Yourself Away...


So, one of Taylor's favorite things to do nowadays is to grab something I'm convinced she KNOWS she's not supposed to have, take off running, and find a hiding place. Most often, it involves the plug-in air freshener that's in the outlet next to the couch, and then she crawls behind the couch. I cannot tell you how many times she's done this and how many times we've told her "NO!" What's the trick to getting her to stop? She also has a tendency to get into the garbage can and pull stuff out of it. One night we had told her "No!" several times, but then, she started to walk towards the garbage can again. Jared again told her "No!" so she slid in between the garbage can and the door, like she was hiding, and just peeked at us from behind the garbage can. I swear even when we're trying to get on to her and discipline her for something it's just so hard not to laugh and smile and think how cute she is!


We also have to keep our bathroom door shut so she cannot get into the drawers, toilet, toilet paper, etc, but usually when I go in the bathroom, she has to go in the bathroom. Then, she always ends up stealing our toothbrushes, a bottle of my perfume, or anything else that she can get her hands on. Then as soon as I go after her to take it away, she takes off running! As you can tell, she seems to be very mischievous! Watch out, everyone! We may have another Emma on our hands!!


Taylor loves our cell phones. She loves to push the buttons and has even gotten to where she will hold the phone to her ear and "talk" to someone. She has even given kisses over the phone. I usually don't let her play with my phone because she has been known to call Mexico (or some other foreign country) and 411- which costs money! Also, it is very embarrassing when she gets into my phone book and calls an old friend that I haven't talked to in a while, and then I have to explain to them that it really wasn't me who took the time to call but that my daughter accidentally called them.

Taylor also has a pair of shoes that she has recently started putting on her hands and walking around the house wearing them like gloves. Unfortunately, she also likes to chew on them.


On a more positive note, the first thing that Taylor does when I get her out of her crib in the morning is give me a kiss (or kisses!), and I usually don't even have to ask for one!! She's been giving out kisses pretty freely lately, and I've been eating it up. I forgot to mention that she was very generous with the kisses on Mother's Day. Jared says it was part of his gift to me. ;-) Taylor has also gotten to where she will actually watch TV a little bit. It's usually not for long, but it does give me some time to do other things. She will usually sit and watch for a few minutes, then come find me to see what I'm doing, then go back and watch TV, and so on. She just brightens my every day. I love that little girl with all my heart!!

..... AND only one more month until she goes into nursery at church!! Woo hoo! I'm counting down the days until I don't have to chase her around for all 3 hours! It'll be somebody else's job then.. haha

5 comments:

heidi said...

i love the title to this post!
and nursery is the best thing that ever happened to us! i can't believe that she is old enough to go!

Beth said...

Ok, she is just the cutest little girl! She has lost the "baby" look I noticed today. I love how she was licking her little lips in the video and then laughing, it had me cracking up! She has the sweetest little cherub face!

tracyp said...

I don't know what it is about kids and toothbrushes..Isabel was the same way. All she wanted was to open the new boxes of toothbrushes and run off with them. OR better yet feed them to the dog when we still had him.

Lacey Freeman said...

After she goes to nursery you will want her back because it will seem hard to sit and listen haha! I feel ya on the part about it being hard to not laugh when you are trying to discipline...they are just so stinking cute and they know how to get to you!

Elizabeth said...

Oh is that why I have a missed call from you? :) I meant to call you back (it was sometime this week) but since there wasn't a message I just let it go.