Friday, May 9, 2008

The ABC's of Me

A- Attached or single: Attached to my good-looking, understanding, patient husband
B- Best Friend: Jared
C-Cake or Pie: depends on what kind, I guess. Anything chocolate is good, but I'm more of a chocolate chip cookie kind of gal.
D- Day of Choice: Not really sure... the days kind of all seem to run together since I stay at home now. I guess Saturday because if I'm lucky I get to spend the whole day with Jared AND Taylor. Sundays are always good for a nice spiritual uplift and relaxing time with the family
E- Essential Item: Hmm... probably my computer, camera, and/or cell phone.... oh and to steal Cari's idea-- SLEEP.. and food. I'm pretty cranky without those two things- just ask Jared.. haha
F- Favorite Color: Green!
G- Gummy Bears or Gummy Worms: Sour gummy worms. I really like the sour ones that are shaped like an octupus.. haha.. anyone else had those? It's been a long time since I've had some.
H- Hometown: Hazel Green, AL (I consider Huntsville my hometown, too, because if we ever wanted to do anything, we pretty much always had to go to Huntsville, and I was born in Huntsville) ;-)
I- Indulgence(s): Cuddling with Jared, cookie cake, Pineapple Surf smoothies from Smoothie King
J- January or July: July... I'm not a big fan of cold weather.
K- Kids: Taylor- almost 17 months
L- Life is incomplete without: My family and the gospel
M- Marriage date: December 21, 2005
N- Number of Siblings: 1 biological brother but now I have 1 brother, 7 sisters-in-law (soon to be 8) and 6 brothers-in-law.
O- Oranges or Apples: Apples. I like oranges but they're a lot of work.. haha
P- Phobias or Fears: Losing the ones I love.... and I'm pretty claustrophobic- it's only a mild case though ;-)
Q- Quote: This always changes. You can always find good quotes. All good quotes can be summed up into this: "Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." Matthew 22:37-39. Just a couple of my favorite quotes are: "You cannot lift another soul until you are standing on higher ground than he is. You must be sure, if you would rescue the man, that you yourself are setting the example of what you would have him be. You cannot light a fire in another soul unless it is burning in your own soul." Harold B. Lee and "Whenever you feel "short" or in "need" of something, give what you want first and it will come back in buckets. That is true for money, a smile, love, friendship.... Whenever I feel that people aren't smiling at me, I simply begin smiling and saying hello, and like magic, there are suddenly more people smiling around me. It is true that your world is only a mirror of you."Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki
R- Reason to Smile: loving someone and being loved in return; fun times with family and friends; looking at all of God's beautiful creations; just about everything Taylor does makes me smile- even when I want to be mad at her, I can't help thinking how stinkin' cute she is!
S - Sappy or Adventure Movies: I like Mom Mayfield's description the best. I always cry at "sappy" movies, but it seems like it's gotten worse as I've gotten older. I think I just really immerse myself into the situation and think about how I would feel if I were that person. I'll cry if someone is sad or even if they are overly happy about something. It's really strange the things that I've found myself crying over lately, and I can't help it!
T- Tag: Anyone who reads this who hasn't already done it.
U- Unknown Fact About Me: Hmm.. not sure. I think there are some unknown things about me that I'd like to keep that way.. haha.. but seriously, I don't know if this is an unknown fact or not, but I'm a really insecure person. I wonder a lot about what people think of me. I'm always afraid that my actions don't make me out to be the person that I am on the inside (or at least the person that I WANT to be) and don't show how big my heart really is. I'm afraid of people judging me for something I've said or done without knowing my true feelings and intentions. I hate confrontation, but I would rather someone confront me about something and get my side of the story than to just assume things or harbor bad feelings without trying to work things out. I guess basically I have a fear of being misunderstood and/or not forgiven for past mistakes.
V- Vegetarian or Oppressor of Animal: Neither. I'm definitely not a vegetarian, but I wouldn't say that I'm an "oppressor of animals" just because I like to eat meat.
W- Worst Habit: Taking too long to answer questions??? That's probably what Jared would say; being indecisive, procrastinating, being late
X- X-Rays or Ultrasounds: Ultrasounds; X-rays are usually not good things, but it's wonderful getting a peek at a growing little baby
Y- Your Favorite Food: I have a hard time with this because I really love food, so it's hard to narrow it down. I love lasagne, chicken and black bean salsa, roast with carrots and potatoes, pinto beans and cornbread, chicken casserole, asian food, breakfast foods, cookie cake, pineapple, chocolate chimichangas from Casa Blanca, O'Charley's rolls, popcorn, chocolate ice cream cones. It would really be easier to tell you things that I don't like, tomatoes for example (unless they are cooked).
Z- Zodiac: Cancer

2 comments:

Jude and Ashley said...

I don't think you need to worry about what other people think of you. You are one of the neatest people I know. You are sweet, caring, you always remember special days or events for other people...and the list goes on =).

mcamp said...

in june we will be spreading her ashes in hawaii