Jared filmed this video when he gave her a bath in the big tub for the first time.
Taylor has started this really goofy laugh that you just can't help but start laughing at yourself when you hear it. You can hear a little bit of it at the beginning of the video below. In this video, I just finished feeding her some cereal, and now she's drinking the milk with a spoon.

I entered this picture into Live with Regis and Kelly's Beautiful Baby Search. The picture could not be a professional one, and it had to have been taken within the last month of sending in the picture. Well, the most recent pictures that we had at the time were her Christmas and 1st birthday pics which were gorgeous but could not be used because they were professional, and we didn't have any other really great ones taken within the last month before the deadline. I realized when the deadline was the day before the deadline, so that night, Jared and I did a big photoshoot and took tons of pictures. I really don't know how the people who choose the finalists in the competition can decide who the most beautiful baby is by ONE picture. Anyways, the finalists were supposed to be notified this week sometime, and we haven't heard anything yet :-( but maybe we will see her picture on TV next week if nothing else.
Taylor got her two bottom front teeth back in October, and she is now finally getting her third tooth. It's on the top, but it's not in the front, so she's going to have a little snaggletooth! She'll be 14 months in a couple of weeks, and she isn't walking yet. A couple of times last week, she would take one step and then either fall over or just sit down. Well, last night, she finally took several steps in a row about two different times. It was very cute. The first time, she just kind of stepped forward with her left foot and then would drag her right foot forward, then step with her left, and drag her right one forward... haha She also really loves to clap. If we clap about something, she will clap, or if she sees people on TV clapping, she will clap. She has started to wave bye-bye (even though it is usually backwards like she's waving to herself or saying "come here"), sometimes she uses both hands to wave, and she even tries to say bye-bye. She can also say mama (it was her first word even though she doesn't say it much anymore unless she's whiney), dada, no (she'll even wave her finger and say no, no, no, no), and uh-oh (it's more like uh, uh, uh-ohhhh). Even though she is tiny, she actually usually eats a lot. Anytime Jared and I are eating something, she has to have some of it. She can be picky at times, and we get frustrated when she keeps throwing her food on the floor. Of course, I don't know if it is necessarily that she is picky or if she just knows how to push our buttons! ;-) (She loves pushing buttons- whether it's the TV, a remote control, a toy, a phone, whatever). She loves getting into drawers and pulling everything out of them. She loves to wrestle and play, and if we are lying down on the floor, she likes to crawl on top of us, sit on our head, and bounce up and down. She mostly does it to Jared, and it is pretty hilarious! She also really loves to play peek-a-boo. She's loved it for a long time, but she's gotten good at covering and uncovering her own eyes. Sometimes she will even take our hands, make us cover her eyes, and then pull our hands off.
All in all, she is a very fun and happy baby, and we are so very blessed to be her parents!

8 comments:
Love the mohawk! She's so cute!
Love the picture that ya'll submitted...I had to laugh at your story of Taylor trying to wave and say bye-bye..I totally remember when Izzy did the same thing and it would make me laugh so hard. When I tried to teach her to wave HI she was really confused! I'm glad she's doing so well..
i find it hard to believe that you weren't contacted for taylor's baby picture! she is just precious!
She is so cute!!
I have entered Chase into so many contests and he never wins, and it just surprises me...maybe it's just becasue I am his mom, but I think he is one good looking kid...and all the kids that always win over him don't even compare. It's so annoying.
I have been watching Regis and Kelly and i saw the finalists today and they had cute pictures but nothing out of the ordinary. I would have picked Taylor for sure, look at those eyes! Too cute.
Lol... Tooo Cute!!!
and While I was watching the videos of Taylor, Noah was on my lap, and he started talking back and copying her splashing :)
We're some fans of MAyfield babies being the most beautiful... I mean, look at the last batch... Georgia on down, not a single ugly one out there, and by far cuter than most babies!
I couldn't believe they didn't show her. I watch all week to she her! I haven't watched as much this week in protest to them not crowning her the cutest! Grr!
Post a Comment