Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Happy New Year!

I know this is a little overdue, but I just wanted to let everyone know how we spent the last couple of days of 2007. Of course, we watched football. We watched the Alabama game, and Jared even dressed Taylor up in the Alabama onesie that my mom bought her for Christmas (without me asking him to!). On New Year's Eve, we invited our family over to watch the Auburn football game. We had hoagie sandwiches and snacks, and my mom brought a meat and cheese tray and some Rotel cheese dip. The guys enjoyed the game, the girls enjoyed visiting with each other, Gavin and Bryson enjoyed wrestling with each other, and Grandma enjoyed visiting with the grandbabies. Of course, Taylor wore her Auburn onesie that night. I find it funny that she can still fit into it even though it is 3-6 months size, and her Alabama onesie is 12 months. I guess that's one of the benefits of being a small baby-- you can wear your clothes longer! James and Sarah and Nate Hughes were the only ones to stick around to bring in the New Year with us (well, the New Year for the East coast when the ball dropped at 11:00pm; that was good enough for us). We drank some sparkling grape juice out of our fancy glasses that people bought for us when Jared and I got married. We had a fun night with the family and missed those who couldn't be there!

3 comments:

Jessica Eastman said...

I made Rotel dip for our friends to watch the Auburn football game that day, too. Great minds think alike. :)

Cari said...

It was a fun night. Noah was a bear to put to bed though because we kept him up so late. What a party pooper! Thanks again for hosting!

Caroline said...

Looks like a blast! Happy 2008 !