Two weeks ago, Nate & Alisha took a trip to Birmingham for the weekend. One of their next door neighbors was going to the temple to prepare for his mission, so they went with him and decided to make a weekend trip out of it so they could spend time together before the new baby comes. They left Emma with Dawn and Shawn, and Carden and Nathan stayed with Jared and me. I admit I was a little nervous jumping from taking care of one kid to all of a sudden having three.. haha.. but everything actually went really well. Carden was a HUGE help to me. She's 7, so I know it gets hard being the "mom," but I guess that comes with the territory of being the oldest child, and she was definitely my HERO ;-) I'm sure Taylor will have plenty of experience being the "mom" to her (future) brothers and sisters as she gets older too.
Taylor and Nathan "wrestling;" Carden and Taylor playing peek-a-boo; Rice Krispie Treats that we made; Taylor crawling on top of Nathan's suitcase; Taylor and Nathan watching TV; Carden eating cereal; Taylor giving Carden some good kisses; feeding the ducks at the park.
On Monday, before Nate and Alisha came to pick the kids up, I figured I would get them out of the house and take them to do something fun, so we went to Big Spring Park. We started feeding some ducks, and soon, they were swarming around us. I thought a whole package of hamburger buns would be enough, but I was very wrong. At first, Nathan just stood back and was content just watching the ducks. Then, he got brave and got closer to them and followed them around. I was carrying Taylor and trying to chase Nathan to keep him from getting too close to the water. Jared met us at the park after he got off work. I love the picture of Taylor and Jared on the bottom row second from the left. I don't remember if she was growling at him or if she was just really excited to see him, but it's a priceless picture. I love the onesie that she is wearing too because it says, "I am the alarm clock," which is sooo true!
All in all, it was a good weekend, and I'm glad that we were able to work things out so Nate and Alisha could go on their trip. I had talked to Alisha before about wanting an antique-looking picture of the Birmingham temple, so while she was there, she took lots of pictures (as she usually does) and then used a photo editing program to create some antique-looking pictures for me. How awesome is she?!! In fact, she is so awesome that I can't decide which one I like best! Every time I think I've made up my mind, I start liking another one more. So, Alisha, I will try to make up my mind soon, and THANK YOU so much! There is nothing better than when someone knows that you've been wanting something (especially the small, sentimental things), and then they completely surprise you with it!





3 comments:
I laughed so hard at the pic you said was your favorite. I laughed at the ones of the kids wrestling too. So funny. I am SO glad that all of our kids are growing up together. This is the life.
I'm still loving her little pigtails! What sweet pictures!
I love the pictures of Nathan and Taylor! What fun they will have. And, Carden can be a little dramatic about 'being the mom' (with a big eye-roll), but that is where she would rather be! She had fun and could not stop talking about her weekend. And, I heard all about the Rice Krispie Treats with chocolate on top. Thank you SO much for doing this for us... we owe you!
Post a Comment